Families of public sector employees who are members of Superannuation typically enjoy a reasonable level of life cover protection. There is a death in service benefit up to 1.5 times salary in the event of death in service. In addition the majority of Public Sector workers are now members of the Spouses & Children’s scheme which provides an ongoing annual pension should a member die in service or indeed in retirement.
Additional Life Cover is however often necessary for certain groups of members such as:
- Members with young families
- Those with mortgages or loans
- Where a partner works within the home
- Where a partner does not have independent or employment related cover
- Those not in the Spouses and Children’s scheme
- Those not in Superannuation
A Group Life Cover Scheme is often relatively low cost to put in place but very well regarded by members.